1.0 Introduction to Photography.
1.1.1 The 35mm SLR camera
* 35mm camera structure.
* Pentaprism, shutter release, view finder, hot shoe
1.1.2 Lenses and focal length
* Wide angle, standard, telephoto, mirror lenses
* Focal plane. Focal length
1.1.3 Through the actions (TTL)
* Through the lens metering
* Through the lens focusing
* Halogen lamps, electronic flash.
2.0 The 35mm film
* Types of film: Positive & negative film
* Film ratings (ASA 100,200,400, 800, 1000)
* Film processing. (Developing)
3.0 Photographic Accessories.
* Tripod, slave unit, lens hood, motor.
* Digital cameras
* Digital imaging
* Digital printing
5.0Photo journalism Law* Public subjects
* Private subjects
* Prohibited subjects
* Copyrights & credits
6.0Practical projects (30%) exam (70%)
6.1.1 Daylight Shots
* Nature photography. Trees, Mountains, Flowers, Buildings etc
6.1.2 Night Shots
* Night Action: Fire works, stars, city centre, moon, indoor shoots.
6.1.3 Action shots.
* Sport activity: Football action, boxing, dancing, racing ets
6.1.4 Private subjects
* Paparazzi style: intrude into people lives without their concern
6.1.5 Story shots
* Photographs that need no captions to explain
PLEASE CONTACT DIRECTORS FOR ORIENTATION AND THE
COLLEGE'S GENERAL REGULATIONS
Christian College of Southern Africa | © Copyright 2017. All Rights Reserved.